I have a 7th grader homeschooling, and a 4th grader school schooling.
My homeschooler Distinguished in 2 subjects and was Above Mastery in 2. My school schooler did not do as well and had 2 Above Mastery and 2 Mastery.
My homeschooler never has homework at night because he gets all of his work done during the school day.
My school schooler has tons of homework every evening in addition to WHAT EVER IT IS SHE IS WASTING HER TIME DOING DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. I figure if she were not wasting her time at school she would not be coming home with the school work. By bringing home her school work we lose important family time every night.
Both of my kids took the SCAT testing with John’s Hopkins University City Youth Programs for Gifted Kids. Both kids qualified so I know they are both above average students.
My schooler also comes home everyday with an attitude.
So, what is my point? Not really sure…
- Homeschoolers May Excel Better Than School Bound Children (mamasbagoftricks.blogspot.com)
- Little Raptors – Our first two weeks of #homeschool with Seton (charlescarrollsociety.com)
- International Homeschool Spirit Week: Homeschool Away from Home Day (motherhoodunabridged.wordpress.com)
- From the Mailbag (hsinvisiblechildren.org)
- Because We Can (athomewoman.wordpress.com)
- Alternative Narratives On Germany And Homeschooling: An Introduction (homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com)
- Update: Seventh Graders Now Expelled For Playing With Pellet Gun Off School Grounds (reason.com)
- 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Homeschooler (inkspilledwriter.wordpress.com)
- 18 Ridiculously Successful Home-School Alums (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dinos and Homeschool and Crafts, OH MY!! (starrgirl201.wordpress.com)