I had another visit by SOLICTORS in our Community yesterday. Unlike the last event with the Boy Scouts of America (now in the hands of the West Virginia State Police), we were visited by 3 people promoting their religious ideologies. I approached two women who were in close proximity to my home, introduced myself as the President of the Community Home Owners Association and explained our No Soliciting policies.
One of the women responded saying they are NOT SOLICITING.
I asked if they lived in the Community… NO
I asked if they were invited to our Community… NO
With this I asked them to cease and desist and leave.
She said she would not come to my home and continued to walk towards another house.
I then explained that if she refused to leave I would have no choice but to contact the State Police.
And I did. I don’t know if the Police met up with them once they arrived but I certainly hope so.
- When does NO SOLICITING, mean NO SOLICITING? (myshepherdstown.wordpress.com)
- USG tackles on-campus solicitations (dailytrojan.com)
- State Police: Money Missing from “Shop with a Cop” Program (wsaz.com)
- When does “No Soliciting” mean “No Soliciting” – Vandalism? (myshepherdstown.wordpress.com)
- Three ways to make solicitors think twice – Des (inquiringminds.cc)