As a follow-up to my most recent post regarding No Soliciting in our Community….
If the Scout Master listened to me when we had our little chat about No Soliciting, he would either of contacted me to ask about coming back this morning or he would not have come back. Or would he?
I happened to notice mid-day that someone vandalized a young pine tree along side my driveway. I dont have many trees along my driveway so it is very obvious. Some one stripped some of the branches off the tree as well as taking bark along with it. This was not there yesterday. It happened sometime this morning.
Can you imagine the possibly that a Boy Scout or Scout Master brought it upon himself to vandalize a tree on the property of the person who days before told them they could not solicit our neighborhood?
NEVER, in the life of our Community has anyone touched any of my property. Why this morning.
The fact that someone vandalized my tree…
The fact that the Boy Scouts came back to continue soliciting the neighborhood after being told not to.
If the Boy Scouts are not responsible for vandalizing my tree, they are guilty of trespassing again in our Community.
I called our State Police who have jurisdiction. I hope to have a visit from a trooper sometime tomorrow to help verify the situation with the tree. I can’t prove the BSA are responsible for this but I am treating it like they are and I intend to follow-up complaining to both the Shenandoah Council and the National HQ of the BSA. I doubt I will get far but I will do my best to add some misery to the Scout Master
WHO THINKS HE IS ABOVE OUR RULES!!!
OK, I definitely seem to be taking this a bit overboard. Perhaps there is more to this? Wish there was but it is simply a case of someone taking advantage. Even though it is for a good cause for the Food Bank, they at least could have contacted us asking if we would OK their coming back to pick up bags of food this morning?
- When does NO SOLICITING, mean NO SOLICITING? (myshepherdstown.wordpress.com)
- Making Sure Your Unit Credits All of Your Donations for the Popcorn Sale (popcornguy.org)
- Utah rock vandals ‘reprehensible,’ say Boy Scouts officials (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Boy Scouts Name Robert Gates As Volunteer President (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- The Boy Scouts and the Mormons, and why I’m not celebrating (gravityswings.wordpress.com)
- Boy Scouts Food Drive Is Saturday, Nov. 9th And Donating Could Not Be Easier (khq.com)
- But Leading is Too Much Responsibility (gerrybaron06.wordpress.com)
- Tuck everlasting: Scout uniform shirts should always be tucked in, BSA says (scoutingmagazine.org)
- Boy Scouts ready to scout for food on Saturday (wfmz.com)
- Area Boy and Cub Scouts helping the hungry (wcyb.com)