North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and its geographical component, the Continental United States NORAD Region (CONR), will conduct an exercise — Falcon Virgo 12-04 beginning Tuesday night, Jan. 10, at midnight into early Wednesday morning, Jan. 11, in the National Capital Region, Washington, D.C.
Flights in the National Capital Region are scheduled to take place between midnight and 2 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, the exercise will take place the following evening, until all training requirements are met. If bad weather continues, officials will then make a decision to postpone or cancel the exercise.
For more information on Falcon Virgo exercises, please contact CONR Public Affairs at 850-283-8080, or the NORAD Public Affairs Office at 719-554-6889.
- Why we track Santa – NORAD Santa (fourbluehills.com)
- NORAD Tracks Santa – Visionbox, Inc. (itunes.apple.com)
- NORAD Tracks Santa (yubanet.com)
- NORAD and satellite technology help Santa deliver (physorg.com)
- NORAD Santa Draws More Attention This Year (manolith.com)
- NORAD to once again track Santa’s progress (news.cnet.com)
- NORAD: 2 aircraft intercepted in DC region (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- NORAD: 2 Aircraft Intercepted in DC Region (abcnews.go.com)
- NORAD Santa trackers having record holiday (sfgate.com)
- NORAD tracking Santa for 56th year in a row (news.nationalpost.com)