THE VIDEO: (same wording as the post) Researched, written, and post-produced by Jim Surkamp; original music by Seth Austen and Bev Woods; music vocals by Alice Bort and Ardth Gilbertson; Readers: Sonny Luckett as Martin Delany; Ardyth Gilbertson; Momodou Darboe; Ernest Johnson; Norman Mackenzie, Christine Parfitt Robinson; David Robinson
Martin Delany – African Dream – 1 – TRT: 5:38 Forty-seven year old Delany is on his way over Atlantic waves to see for the first time his psychic and spiritual home – Africa. What he sees enchants, enlightens – and shocks.
Martin Delany – England – 2 – TRT: 4:55 Successful speaking tour in England causes international sensation at an important scientific congress, declaring before the American Ambassador and all present: “I am a MAN.”
Martin Delany – War Comes – 3 – TRT: 4:32 Returns home to the United States in time for the outbreak of the Civil War. This video covers the high points of the Civil War in a series of statements before a war-related image with sound and music up to early 1863.
Martin Delany – Wartime – 4 – TRT: 7:22 This video covers the high points of the Civil War in a series of statements before a war-related image with sound and image for the period after the death of Stonewall Jackson in 1863.
Martin Delany – Meets Lincoln – 5 – TRT: 6:34 Delany has a fateful interview with President Lincoln in February, 1865 setting the stage for Delany’s key role in the reconstruction effort in South Carolina.
Martin Delany – Major Delany – 6 – TRT: 5:32 After Lincoln’s death, Delany and others struggle to ensure reforms to protect the freedman from losing their promised lands and from abuses of former large landholders.
Martin Delany – South Carolina Struggle – 7 – TRT: 2:20 Everyone sees Delany’s leaderly powers.
Martin Delany – Betrayed – 10 – TRT: 6:01 Delany throws his support controversially for Wade Hampton for Governor against the Radical Republicans and it has a far-reaching unwanted, unforeseeable result.
Martin Delany – Going Home – 11 – TRT: 4:29 Having tried everything and turning to nurture the lives ahead of his children, Delany settles for the final quiet days of his life.
- Back to Africa! -“journey to Hope” Book Summary-blacks in Arkansas Paved the Way!- Black Man Come Back to Africa and Rise! (yeyeolade.wordpress.com)
- Black P. Stones – a Civil Rights Group Turned Into a Street Gang with The Finesse of a Black Nationalist Organization (socyberty.com)
- Tea Party Nation Founder: ‘The Tea Party Will Never Rally Behind Mitt Romney’ (mediaite.com)
- Breaking: Jim Delany Is Jim Delany (sbnation.com)
- Dana Delany’s ‘Body of Proof’ to air on Channel 5 from January (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Haley Feels Heat After Key Endorsement (huffingtonpost.com)
- All My Children’s Chrishell Stause Joins Dana Delany on Body of Proof (omg.yahoo.com)
- Monday Inspiration – Allan Pinkerton (susanmacatee.wordpress.com)
- Survival of the richest, Delany style (blutarsky.wordpress.com)
- Delany: Expansion not currently on Big Ten’s radar (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)