Prices for Shepherdstown, WV
I took a drive from Shepherdstown to Martinsburg, less than 10 miles distance. the downtown Sheetz in Shepherdstown was charging $4.09/gallon for 87 octane. When I reached Martinsburg on Rt 45, the Shell station was selling it for $3.99. As I turned on to Queen Street the Crown Gas station was selling it for $3.89. The area Sheetz was also selling it at this price. The 7-Eleven, less than 1/2 a mile away was selling it at $3.99/gallon.
I remember speaking with a Sheetz Manager a couple of years ago who told me that gas is delivered to both Berkely and Jefferson Counties from Pittsburgh. The cost of delivery to Jefferson is 1 penny more than Berkeley.
I am utterly amazed how the Shepherdstown Sheetz charges $0.20 more per gallon than the Martinsburg stations and the Kearneysville station near the IRS/USCG is in the middle at $3.99 per gallon.
Is this all honest or are some of these business taking advantage of residents of the 2nd poorest state in the country?
Makes me wonder…
- Computer glitch causes gas station to sell 8,000 gallons at $1.10 (autoblog.com)
- It’s raining in Shepherdstown for the Earth Day Celebration! (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Gas Prices, Criticism, and Ethics (businessethicsblog.com)
- 21K Pump Chump: Local Gas Station Mistakenly Charges $1.10/gal for Premium Unleaded (laist.com)
- Gas Discounts and Diets: More of Your Fuel-Saving Suggestions (dailyfinance.com)
- We Are One Demonstration Tonite In Shepherdstown… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- City Councilman: Gas Price Gouging Found On Hutch Parkway (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- The greatest story ever sold (capitolhillblue.com)
- May 14: Letters to the editor (theglobeandmail.com)
- Drivers rush to gas station after glitch puts gas at $1.10 a gallon (obscurestore.typepad.com)